We are delighted to share the excellent news that Ofsted has rated our academy as being ‘Good’ in all areas.
We are incredibly proud of the comments made by the inspectors about our school. It is very pleasing to hear that inspectors felt since becoming an academy our leaders have made many improvements to the quality of education our pupils receive and that we are “well placed to continue to improve in the future.”
Our staff and students have worked incredibly hard to turn the school around and deserve all the praise they receive in the report. With the support of CMAT, we have improved every aspect of the school.
We have summarised the Ofsted inspectors’ key points but please read the full report below:
The areas that were praised highly were:
- The improvements that leaders have made to the quality of education children receive
- The higher standards that children achieve and the amount of progress they make, which is in the top ten percent of schools nationally.
- The strong committed and highly effective staff team that the principal and vice principal have built.
- The support knowledge and commitment of the academy Council and their role in improving the education provided.
- The determined and sharply focused actions of leaders which have improved achievement in reading writing and mathematics
- Our well designed curriculum.
- The good quality of the relationships between children and staff.
- The high expectations of behaviour which are consistently applied and as a result behaviour is good.
- That our care and guidance for the children is highly effective and nurturing and contributes to the good results that children now get.
- That the current leaders have improved the school considerably
Thank you to our wonderful community for all your support of the school over the past three years in helping us get the school to this point.West Town Primary Academy Ofsted